is an association of substance abuse
treatment organizations working together to promote the understanding of the self help
therapeutic community (TC) methodology for the treatment of drug and alcohol abuse.
- TCA provides
leadership in representing therapeutic community (TC) interests to Congress and
Federal agencies to promote acceptance of the need for drug and alcohol education,
prevention, treatment and research in the policymaking community.
- The Association represents and promotes the efficacy
of the TC methodology to ensure that it is understood by others and that TC concerns for
the modality and its clients receive appropriate attention.
- TCA works to expand organizational resources in
order to serve and increase benefits to members, facilitate resource sharing, and increase
support for its program and certification activities.
- The Association strives to increase recognition of
the "Therapeutic Community" name and work by the
public and private sectors through the dissemination of informational materials,
development and dissemination of policy positions and promotion of the message that "treatment
We accomplish our mission through:
Increasing public knowledge of Therapeutic Community philosophy
- Developing and promulgating standards of quality for Therapeutic
Community programs and practitioners;
- Providing members with information, networking and forums by which to
promote Therapeutic Community methodology with Federal, State, and Local governments;
- Creating an atmosphere of mutual assistance for members to find
support and encouragement in their individual efforts;
- National representation for membership.
Please send comments and questions to:
TCA National Office
1611 Connecticut Ave., Suite 4-B
Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 296-3503
FAX: (202) 518-5475
Copyright © 1999
Therapeutic Communities of America